It all began in 1896, when young Teresa Marzetti arrived in the United States from Florence, Italy, and started her small Italian restaurant in Columbus, Ohio.
Marzetti's became a local favorite and grew to become a four star restaurant as well as one of the finest dining experiences in the Midwest.
Customers particularly enjoyed Teresa's salad dressings and were often seen leaving the restaurant with bottles of their favorites. By 1955, the dressings had become so renowned that the upstairs of the restaurant became a full-scale factory. Thus the Marzetti brand of salad dressings found its way into grocery stores throughout Ohio.
After Teresa Marzetti's death in 1972, the restaurant closed forever, but her passion for quality still lives in Marzetti's many salad dressings, dips and croutons.